May 02, 2014
TGIF’ing With Fellow Entrepreneurs: Video Content Producers Tom Madden & Bryan McLamara
As a social media marketing consultant and digital strategist, our show host Mayra Ruiz-McPherson is often assisting business owners seeking to improve their usage of social media tools and technologies.
Today was no different. Mayra spent the afternoon counseling fellow business owners Tom Madden (of Visual Impact Productions) and Bryan McLamara (of Virginia Cinema Films) about how to maximize their social media efforts.
— Mayra Ruiz-McPherson (@mayraruiz) May 2, 2014
Some of the key points during today’s TGIF #socialmedia convo include:
- No matter what business or industry you are in, recognize that your some of competitors are already on social media and, yes, a handful of them are checking you out on social media to see what you are (or aren’t) up to!
- You don’t have to start big when it comes to social media! In fact, it’s best to work with what social media you may already have in place and then layer more social media activity on top of your baseline.
- Before any significant activity on social media does take place, it’s best to inventory where your marketing is at as a whole. Assessing and/or updating your marketing goals and objectives will be immensely helpful as you hone in on how you want to best approach your social media engagement and outreach.
Want to learn more about social media?
To learn more about social media, social media trends and the like, you may wish to follow Mayra on Twitter at @mayraruiz or sign up to her regular email newsletter, The Social Media Trend Watch Report, which highlights the latest news and trends on a number of social media platforms.
Join the bizworkTV email list today!
Enter your email below and receive:
- Surprises, special offers and VIP-only content for business owners just like you!
- Tips & advice from seasoned business owners, start up founders and entrepreneurs to help you grow, better market and full maximize many aspects of your business.
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST (including new bizworkTV episodes, webinars, private coaching sessions, online products and more!)